Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mr & Mr David Geffen?


I married once for love. It was worth it & it had to be done. A psychic told the Husband that we have had some sort of relationship for many lifetimes. I love him & I married him for love. I married once for love & the next time... I am going to marry for money. I have my eye on David Geffen. He turns 68 today. I hope he received my birthday card.





David Geffen is probably the most successful business person in the entertainment industry, with net worth estimated at $4.4 billion in 2009 (Forbes). Geffen made his money the old fashioned way, starting in the New York mailroom of the William Morris Agency. His overly aggressive style fit right in at Morris where he quickly became the agent for rising East Coast music talent. By the time he was 27, he had his first multi-million dollar deal by signing songwriter Laura Nyro to Columbia. As an independent agent, & with his own label- Asylum, Geffen became a real player in the music biz, representing established artists/groups & creating new ones: The Association, Janis Joplin, James Taylor, Bob Dylan, Linda Ronstadt, The Eagles, Joni Mitchell, Jackson Browne, & Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young. In 1971 he was able to sell Asylum to Warner Bros. for $7 million & became head of Warner's Elektra/Asylum label in 1973. He retired the first time in 1976, burned out & dealing with a cancer diagnosis that turned out to be a false alarm.


The next phase of Geffen's career started in 1980 when he came out of retirement to start Geffen Records. He signed some of the biggest acts including Elton John, Donna Summer, & Neil Young. Tough & controversial, Geffen was often at legal odds with his artists & partners. He gained a reputation as a money man who exploited the talent. Geffen rose above it all, & signed Guns N' Roses, Aerosmith, Don Henley, Peter Gabriel, & Cher to send Geffen Records to sales of $300 million by 1990 & then more success in the 1990s with Nirvana & Sonic Youth. Geffen Records was sold to MCA in 1990 for stock, & Geffen received $710 million when MCA was sold to Matsushita Electric 3 years later. The prolific Geffen  produced movies during this period: Risky BusinessBeetlejuiceThe Last Boy Scout, Lost in America, & Little Shop of Horrors, & Broadway shows- CatsMiss Saigon, Dreamgirls & M. Butterfly.


Geffen's net worth is 7 billion dollars., according to Forbes, a true 1%. I know that I could make him happy; there is my trick pelvis & that special thing that I do with. I have it from the source that he is the subject of You're So Vain, the 1972 hit song by Carly Simon.

“When I was plugging songs in back in New York City, I used to wear a jacket, tie & good pants, not jeans. When I moved to Hollywood in the early 1970s, it was jeans & cowboy boots all the way! Although I do admit to having my jeans tailored & chemically “aged”, & wearing highly polished Fry boots with 2 inch stacked heels. It was like John Wayne meets Superfly”

No comments:

Post a Comment