Sunday, February 20, 2011

So we let some elk into the vehicle. What could go wrong?


Sundays are slow blog days, so I'll share yesterdays big adventure with you.
We hit a bit of a road block on our drive.   Such are the hazards of driving in Canada.

We should probably do up our windows, but when it's this warm out....

Then there was this riffraff.
Yeah, es'cuze me lady.

Whatcha got in that, uh.. that car there?  If you don't mind, I'm gonna have a closer look. 

Whatcha got?  Some carrots there?  You got some apples do ya?
I've been known to enjoy a carrot from time to time.
 You know what, lady?  I don't have time for this.  Make nice and give me the carrot.
Thaaaat's right, lady. 
Whatchu wanna feel my antler?  Go ahead.  You like nice antlers do ya?
You see what I can do with these here antlers, lady?  Do ya? Lookie at this here.  Look what I can do to this chump here.  

Yeah, that's right, Toots.  You like that. You want I should lick your hand real nice?

You like that, do ya?
Just give it a little rub with your elbow.  It'll shine up your vehicle interior real nice.  I do this all the time.   Thanks for the carrots.  I gotta jet.


I felt pretty used.



The wolf pen.  That fence should hold the pack of red eyed arctic wolves in juuuuuust fine.   Besides, there was a sign indicating that you should not get out of your vehicle.  No staff or anything, who needs them when there is a sign and the chicken wire is still standing, pretty much?  Too bad all the bears were hibernating.  They had chicken wire, too.


I liked her.  She was nosey. And dainty. And boogery.  Hurray for baby wipes.


Other kinds of boogers that got on me:

Did you know that boars can jump like tarantulas if they think you have an apple?  Or meat.  Or a camera.  Or hands. 

Also Bison Boogers.

...which are nothing like Bison Burgers



You might have guessed that we went to the drive-thru Canadian Safari Park.   You might not have.   Maybe you're dumber than a sack full of half frozen boat rats, how do I know? Anyhow, it was overall a pretty good day.  Made some nice new friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment