Friday, February 18, 2011

The time I reluctantly gave a prison style tattoo to a biker in his kitchen (a teaser).

So this is pretty cool, you guys:  I was asked to write a post for the Studio 30 Plus Magazine by the lovely people over at that establishment!  That's right!  I'm basically a journalist now[1].   I'm in demand.  They want me there on the front lines to awesome up the place (awesome is a verb now).  If you're over 30 and wordy, you get to join[2].

Anyhow, the article is about the time a biker practically forced me at gunpoint to give him a tattoo at his dinner party.  I mean BBQ.  It's a true story, except for the gun part But his dog was called Hoss.

Here is a teaser:


I'm no pro tattooist or anything, but if you've bought the set already.....

Sometimes opportunities pop up in your life that you just can’t really... ignore.  Weird opportunities, you guys.  Weird things.  Things you never would imagine yourself doing. Doors open, readers.  You have that moment where you have to decide if you should leap or stay safely tucked into your life and just keep doing the things you are used to doing.  Well this one time, I lept, everyone.  I lept.   What kind of opportunity was it, you wonder?

I’m talking about giving someone a tattoo at a dinner party, of course.  This is probably not a huge deal to you actual tattoo artists, but I’m just an ordinary idiot.  By idiot, I mean adventurist.  By adventurist I mean idiot.  Anyhow, this story is the gospel boyscout my-word-is-my-bond truth.   I tattooed a guy.  Are you a professional tattoo artist, Michelle?  No, reader.  I am not.            





[1] If you happen to want to nominate me for some kind of literary excellence prize (maybe like the Arthur Ellis award for True Crime, just for an example) after reading it,  I can be contacted by clicking the CONTACT ME link at the top of the page.  

[2] You hear that, 20somethings?  You're left OUT.  You and your perkiness and wonderment about the world can just wait outside...   Unless you want to read my blog, then you can come in.  But only for a minute and don't touch anything. 

Thanks S30P!

No comments:

Post a Comment